We offer psychological assessments for adults to clarify diagnosis, better understand your unique situation, and recommend appropriate treatment or supports. If you are being offered only an assessment with no follow-up treatment, that will be made clear when you are initially contacted to arrange an appointment. Individuals who complete such an assessment may choose to remain on our waitlist for treatment services.
In the Clinic, we offer psychotherapy to individuals with the aim of helping them cope more effectively, gain greater insight into their problems, and achieve specific goals. We strive to provide high quality treatments that are supported by the latest scientific research and we offer cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), interpersonal therapy (IPT), and short-term psychodynamic therapy. Therapy sessions are usually 55 minutes long and typically occur once per week. The duration of your treatment will depend on the issues you are working on and will be decided jointly between yourself and your therapist. A typical course of therapy is for 8 – 20 weeks.
For the 2018-2019 year, we offer individual treatment for adults who are seeking help with:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Panic Disorder (with or without Agoraphobia)
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Specific Phobias (e.g., fear of flying, fear of dogs)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Depression (excluding Bipolar Disorder)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Relationship and life transition difficulties
- Perfectionism (Dr. Paul L. Hewitt’s Perfectionism Lab is offering group treatment for perfectionism at this time. click here for further details.)
We offer group therapy for adults seeking help with:
- Hoarding – starting September 2018
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – starting Spring 2019